Labels

Friday, January 28, 2011

Story Time

I am so excited to Marry my Love!! <3 Sam is AMAZING <3 My best friend and I love him. <3


So here is the engagement story:

We ate and played games at my parents house on Christmas Eve. Before I left, my mom told me I had to be back by 12 because I was spending the night there and they wanted to have time to set everything out for us for Christmas. Sam and I went to Sam's house and frosted cookies. After his parents went to bed, we sat on the couch and watched the lights on his tree. When it was about 10 mins or less from midnight, I told him I better get home. He started driving up his road but turned the wrong way. I was confused and a little anxious by then.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.



"We are going to look at some Christmas lights."

I figured we would have to be quick but we could make it to a few nice places and then get me home just in time. When we got to the end of town, he started going the right way again. I was feeling relieved when suddenly he turned around again. He started heading out on the Highway. He said, "We have to see the best Christmas lights!" (I thought he meant some really cool place he had seen that was really crazy lit up or something.) We turned on the road leadin to the temple and when I saw the temple, I understood what he meant.

I thought, 'Well, if we go right past the temple and just look, I will BARELY get home on time.' Instead, he was pulling right up to it! Ah! What was I going to do? My mom was going to be very angry. I was almost to the point of freaking out when he said, of course, the perfectly adorable thing. "I feel bad because I am just being selfish. I just want to be the first one with you on Christmas. *HEART MELT!?*

Well....for me it was. So I decided right then that I could splurg a few minutes and deal with the consequences later. It was a few minutes into Christmas day (a little after midnight).

He said quietly, "Santa came a little early this year." My heart started pounding and I just stared at him. "Whhat?" I asked. (I thought he might propose right there but when he pulled out a gray plastic bag, I could see that it was something different.) Before I could place my finger on what it was exactly, he told me we had to get out first because it was for the cold. Then I knew, it had to be a scarf. (Avid collector...or something like that ; )



We got out and looked at the statues for about a minute before he turned to me. Half handing me the present and half helping me open it, he asked if he could put it around me. I said yeah and he held the end part of one end and wrapped it around my neck twice, gently. Then Sam said that there was a little more and flipped up one of the strings on the scarf and the ring was tied to it. ^_^ He got down on his knee and proposed. = ) At this point, I started to cry. haha, what a baby I am sometimes. = ) But I was happy. He said some really great things too. He told me he wanted to come back (to the temple) and be sealed to me for eternity. <3 I Love Him. <3

I said, "YES!" and then we hugged for several minutes after. I was making excited noises and jumping up and down. He pretty much had to carry me back to the car because I didn't want to leave. He was persistant that he had to get me back before my mom got too mad. The ride home was blissful.

Then when I walked into the house, I could hear my mom yelling at someone. I knew she was not in a good mood. I walked into the living room where my sister, Kaisha, was. She told me mom was not happy. I waited until my mom came in there and she said only barely joking, "You know you are getting coal in your stocking, right?"

I threw my hand up next to my face and pointed with the other hand saying, "Thhhhhat's alright." I awkwardly hugged my sister (because at that moment neither one of them really had time to react. I told them the story. My mom said, "I would be more happy for you if you weren't late...." But this time she was MOSTLY kidding. = ) It's hard to change your mood that quickly when you want to be mad...you know?

It was lovely. I had the best Christmas with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment